How far along? 23 weeks. Oh man, my belly's getting big.
Baby Craun's size: Apparently he's still the size of a papaya but weighs a little more.
Total weight gain/loss: Gained a couple of pounds this week, so now I'm at +4.
Maternity clothes: Needing to wear them more often now. I all the sudden have what Brian calls a "mini-Jeff Carlson belly". Which reminds me, pretty soon I'll need to take a picture with daddio to compare his belly and mine like Jennifer and Laurie did.
Stretch marks? Not yet, but I've been itchy. Bess freaked me out by saying that itches = stretch marks. I hope that's not true. Bring on the cocoa butter!
Sleep: Depends on the night and how tired I am. Work has been so busy lately that I just pass out at night.
Movement: Lots of movement, especially at night when I'm lying in bed trying to fall asleep.
Symptoms: My poor ankles have started swelling on some days. The double whammy of chronic tendonitis and pregnancy are going to make me crippled. I had what Laney called a nightmare that my feet and ankles swelled way up and I looked like I had elephantitis...she asked if I woke up shaking from my nightmare. I just woke up highly disturbed!
Labor signs? No
Food cravings: None really, just still missing cold turkey sandwiches and sushi. I never realized how much I actually ate those things until I got pregnant.
Miss anything? Actually, I miss hard core workouts. I really miss being able to punch/kick a punching bag. I miss running a lot too. Who would have thought I'd say these things!
Belly button in or out? It's really shallow. Eww. For some reason this just really freaks me out.
Wedding rings on or off? On most of the time.
Nursery progress: Nothing new to report as you can see above.
Best moment this week: I visited Amanda and her new son Quinten earlier in the week. It's still so crazy to me that women are able to give birth - that a human being grows inside of us! He is super cute and didn't cry at all the entire time I was there. Hoping that our little guy has some of the same traits!
Weekly wisdom: I feel so blessed to have so many kind friends and family! We have been able to get so many hand-me-downs - a crib, changing table, a rocking chair, a highchair, a pack and play, and a bouncer thingy. Plus my crafty mom is able to make us pillows and a cushion for the window seat, and Megan painted one of the pictures we wanted for the room. We sure are lucky!Looking forward to: Seeing Adam and Ally tomorrow and Grandpa Lyle on Saturday!
No comments:
Post a Comment