Monday, April 29, 2013

Almost one year


Imitating Daddy, who was desperately trying to get him to smile.
Enough with the pictures - I want to eat!
Weight and height:  Heavy and tall...I have a legit excuse for slacking. Between work, wedding showers, and first birthday planning I've been super busy. Good thing he weighed himself the other day while playing - 22ish pounds.

Sleeping patterns:  Perfect. I especially like that he goes back to sleep some mornings after he has his bottle, which means I get lots of cuddle time. Thankfully he has been doing well with sleeping so far during teething (he's up to 3 bottom with 2 top and 1 more bottom coming in). Evenings, on the other hand, were not so fun. It was like he was the exorcist baby when the 3rd tooth was coming in!

Eating habits:  He's feeding himself (not very well and only when we feel like it) with a spoon and eating lots of things with his fingers. I think he has the sippy cup down for the most part, although he'd rather just watch the water go everywhere (when he uses the non-spill ones). He's tried lots of different foods but so far seems the happiest with his baby food and bananas.


What happens when Dominic takes control of dinner time...

New discoveries he's made:  Stairs! Opening sliding doors! Getting into EVERYTHING! Summer is going to be interesting.

Accomplishments:  For about the last month now, he's been going up the bottom couple of steps, but since April Fool's Day, he's been climbing the entire staircase. He likes to be chased up the stairs and through the hall. So fun!

He's slowly becoming more brave with lessening the support he needs to stand on his own. He's gone just a few seconds without holding onto anything, and he can stand with only holding on to my thumb. He's speed walking all over, as long as he has something to hold on to. It's only a matter of time!

Places he went:  I went to New York over spring break, so Bri took Dom to Omaha for a bit. Then the weekend after I got home (aka Easter weekend) I had to work that Saturday (who does that?!), so Bri took Dom to Sergeant Bluff for Deb's retirement party. So basically I hardly got to see my monkey over the last month.

Special friends he's made:  No new friends. I think he's pretty happy with just his favorite buddy at daycare, seeing as how they terrorize that whole room. They have a gate-shaking, babbling, crazy time every day.
His b-fri

Noises and babbles:  He says Dada for everything. His favorite is when we play Say Mama and he giggles and smiles and says clear as can be "Dada." Little stink. But at least he says Mama sometimes! He also says kiki for kitty (just like I did!) and I swear this morning he said "ock" as he was putting his socks into the bathtub.

He's starting to sign milk again after that dropping out for a little bit. And a little over a week ago, he was singing in his crib - "la la da la" - so cute!

This doesn't fit in anywhere, but it's too cute to leave out. The night before I left for NYC in March (oh geez I'm so late on posting this!), I was crying when I put him to bed and he handed me his favorite kitty. Such a little sweetie. I love him to pieces!

Firsts:
St. Patrick's Day
So handsome in his green polka dot bow tie. He loved his Lucky Charms!


Easter
Of course he got a basket full of fun (no searching for it involved), and of course I put him in a bunny outfit! No Easter bunny this year. That dude freaks me out a bit, and I don't want Dom to turn into Little Albert and have an irrational fear of all things white and fluffy.
I completely failed to get a good pic of the bunny tail!

This guy's getting ready for his first birthday in a few weeks!

Meg and I were dying laughing at him! He was trying so hard to keep them on his little nose!

No comments:

Post a Comment