As I am writing this Chloe, Will, and I are listening
to the Spa channel on Sirius (perfect for baby naps while Daddy and Dom go golfing with Pops), and a song is on called "Time Flies". That's no joke. I can't believe Chloe and Will are already five months old, and Dom is THREE (what?!). Sometime in the next week or so I'll finally finish D's three-year post, but for now, here's a snippet of Chloe and Will's last month.
Weight and height: Will weighs 14 lbs 10 ounces (14th percentile!!!) and is 25" long (16th percentile). Chloe weighs 15 pounds 05 ounces (48th percentile) and is 24.25" long (16th percentile; huge measurement error last time!).
Sleeping patterns: Will still wakes one to two times a night to eat. We haven't even tried to stop this...he just screams so loud when he wants food and there's nothing stopping him! I can't even comfort him because he just tries to eat me. Since he doesn't sleep through the night yet, he's an excellent napper. Next week I get the task of making his naps shorter.
Chloe sleeps like me - a lot (well, I guess like I used to). She likes her sleep!
Eating habits: I dropped a couple of the pumps I used to do during the day, so I've lost some ounces, but they are still getting mostly breastmilk. Apparently babies reap the antibiotic benefits of breastmilk if they have as little as two ounces of it a day (obviously the rest would be formula). So I'm going to keep going, hopefully at this four pumps per day level for as long as I can. It would be awesome to make it to a year, but for now my next goal is just six months.
Chloe has held her bottle on her own a few times - yes! Can't wait until that is a regular occurrence!
 |
| He always fusses when I pump. He's like, "Give me food now!" |
 |
| Playing with the tubing |
 |
| You mean I'm not supposed to play with this? |
We started giving them rice cereal here and there, and they are seeming to like it more. They still aren't face-diving the spoon like Dom used to, but at least they are finishing the bowl of it between the two of them. Chloe tends to spit it all out, and Will tends to hold it in his mouth and look super confused. Some fun pics are below.
New discoveries they've made: Standing and sitting up are superior to laying down, and rolling on their sides and kicking their legs allows them to do 180s (or even 360s in Will's case). Gone are the days of finding them in the same spot whenever we leave them on the floor for a second. Pumping is going to get interesting soon...
Accomplishments: They are both passing items from hand to hand and are more coordinated as they reach for items. They both have rolled over from tummy to back at least once, and are both holding their heads up for long periods of time.
Places they went: The end of the school year was crazy for me, and we've all had colds, so the only place we went was to the zoo for Dom's birthday party. They both had colds so they last through the party and then needed to go home. It was their first time in the double stroller and Chloe wanted nothing to do with it.
Special friends they've made: Chloe and Isla are able to spend time together now without crying at the same time. Dominic still is number one. On Friday night Dom was jumping around on the couch and Will was belly laughing, more than he ever has. It was so cute! Those two are going to have the best time together.
 |
| Watching Bob together |
 |
| Chloe gets so mad when Isla tries to grab her. Chill, girl. |
 |
| How cute are they in their matching dresses?! |
 |
| Isla and Will |
Noises and babbles: Speaking of belly laughs, they both laugh so much. It makes me happy to hear them do so! They're babbling a little less since they are focusing on other skills. Chloe talks the most when she's tired and fighting falling asleep, and it sort of sounds like she's scolding us for making her go to sleep.
Firsts:
Food
Feeding babies is always entertaining.
 |
| I love his face. He's like, "WTF is this?" |
Summer Break
They are home with me for the summer (except for the week of 5-day training). I can handle the two of them until I hit a wall of exhaustion around 2:00. Dom throws an extra wrench in there (he's home W-F), but it's not too horribly difficult. He is so good when he's home, and he likes to help me out. Having the bribe of art time (aka painting and Playdoh) helps! I have yet to venture somewhere with them. Hoping to attempt the zoo next week if it doesn't get too hot out.
 |
| Our home zoo: All my baby entertaining stations to get through the day |
 |
| Trying to entertain three kids while pumping. Dom likes to pretend he's a baby sometimes. |
Other adventures this month:
Will seems to use his left hand the most when playing. According to a few things I've read about twins, there is a higher rate of lefties in twins, so Will might be another cool lefty like Dom, Grandpa Jeff, and me.
Chloe looks so much like Dominic did as a baby, and she looks a lot like me too, but with more hair than I had.
 |
| I need these jammies for me :) |
 |
| She does this a lot. It's like she gets so exasperated with me. |
 |
| Sweet Will never does this to me; just the little diva does. |
 |
| She pulled her headband down and around. She looks like a pirate. |
 |
| She chews on her fingers and often sticks them so far in her mouth that she gags herself. She's not handling teething well. |
Will looks like Grandpa Jeff. I call him little Jeffy sometimes.
 |
| The kids and I all have what Grandpa calls the "Gorman chin" (from Great-Grandma Pat) |
 |
| Will still has the best Zoolander face. |
 |
| Dom likes to take pics of the babies. |
 |
| He always rolls up on his left side. |
 |
| Definitely looks like Grandpa here! |
And a few of them together:
 |
| They can't face me anymore when I pump because they kick too much. |
 |
| Drooling |
Sometimes I get scared because these babies and their big brother are so perfect, and my life can't always be this good. I love their smiles and giggles, and I love seeing them all interact with each other. I thank God profusely every night for giving me this life!
No comments:
Post a Comment