Wednesday, April 11, 2012
36 Weeks
How far along? 36 weeks (28 days until D-Day!). His 30-day eviction notice was served on Monday.
Baby Craun's size: He's the size of a coconut, who likes to settle his feet in my right ribs.
Total weight gain/loss: 19.5 lbs total.
Maternity clothes: Yep. My belly's getting pretty big so I'm down to limited options.
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep: Pretty decent until about 4:00, and then I toss and turn until 5 or 6. Then Brian gets up and I don't fall asleep again until 6:30ish, and then it's time for me to get up. I miss my sleep. I love it when people tell me to get as much sleep as I can now - really?! I didn't know that. Aside for instituting nap time at work, how do you propose I get this sleep?
Movement: Lots still. At Bess' birthday lunch on Saturday everyone was staring at my stomach because he moves around so much after I eat. As Lauren said, it looks like I have an alien in my stomach. This is why when I first found out I was pregnant all I could think of was Space Balls. I'm also pretty certain that he'll like hip hop/ R&B because every time I listen to 99.9 loudly he starts moving. Hopefully he'll have some sweet dance moves!
Symptoms: Heartburn, swollen cankles and fingers (though much better than last week!), plus difficulty sleeping, breathing, getting up from laying down, picking up things from the floor
Labor signs? Continued contractions.
Food cravings: Some more red velvet pancakes from I-Hop. Mom, Dad, Brian, and I went there on Sunday and those things are so good!
Miss anything? Sleep and all those other things I was missing last week.
Belly button in or out? No change from last week.
Wedding rings on or off? Wedding band on, engagement ring off.
Nursery progress: Grandma Hindy (as Laney calls her) finished the cushion for the bench (see behind me in the picture)! It turned out awesome, even though she doesn't think so. Given the fact that she didn't have a pattern, it's pretty amazing, because I could never do that. I think it looks way better than anything we could have bought for like three times the amount of money.
Best moment this week: I know that I'm nearing the end of pregnancy so I'm really savoring those times when he's moving around a lot. Last night, after Brian was feeling D hiccup, Brian said something along the lines of that's so cool that I get to feel D moving all day. And it really is! I think I'll miss that.
Weekly wisdom: Family is so important to me, and life is too short to miss big, important moments (like weddings) because you don't like something they did/are doing related to that big moment. I just don't get it, and I know that I don't ever want to live my life like that. I want to make every effort to be there for those big moments.
Looking forward to: Next week's doctor appointment to see if I'm dialated any further!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment