Wednesday, April 18, 2012

37 Weeks - Full Term!

How far along?  37 weeks. He's officially full term.
Baby Craun's size:  He's the size of a watermelon. Holy bigness!
Total weight gain/loss:  24 - I'm super swollen again this morning so let's hope it's that again
Maternity clothes:  Mostly
Stretch marks?  No
Sleep:  No different from last week; however, I've discovered that sleeping in my own bed is much better than sleeping in a hotel's bed. The last two nights, I slept like a rock during the times that I did sleep.
Movement:  All the time. It doesn't seem to phase Coco when she gets kicked by him. Hope that transfers to when he's here, and that they become buddies. It's funny to feel him hiccup too.
Symptoms:  Heartburn, some nausea when I have a contraction, some LOTS of swelling - I have the fat pregnancy face now!
Labor signs?  My Braxton Hicks contractions really suck. They hurt pretty bad, but I'm a weenie. I've had a few real ones that are like stop-me-in-my-tracks painful. At my doctor appointment on Monday there wasn't any change from last week. Boo. Apparently he's content in there.
Food cravings:  No. I'm just making myself eat whatever Bri decides to make mostly. Nothing really sounds good.
Miss anything?  Carefree traveling, like there ever was such a thing with Mitch Jr. that I'm married to :) But any inkling of carefree traveling is gone now. When we went to Cedar Falls this weekend, we had to drive separately from Jamie and Mark because my doctor said last week that if I feel any contractions we need to get back to DSM just in case. And that required bringing the hospital bag (good thing I already had this ready) and everything else we'd need, just in case. Once D gets here, then we'll be packing all his stuff - diaper bag, pump, bottles, clothes, bibs, toys/books, etc. I'm very thankful for the extra pack and play so we won't ever have to haul that to Sergeant Bluff!
Belly button in or out?  Sticking out just a little bit more.
Wedding rings on or off?  Off
Nursery progress:  Mom finished the pillows for the bench so now it's officially done.
Best moment this week:  My surprise shower by my wonderful teammates! Great cupcakes, great gifts, and best of all great company. I have the best teammates ever and they are seriously the only reason I like my job some days!
Weekly wisdom:  Pregnant women can't shrink back into the crowd and go unnoticed. Sometimes I don't want to have to socialize (especially if I'm in pain!), but everywhere I go someone has to stop to talk to me. While this isn't necessarily a bad thing, I'm just kind of missing the times when I don't have to fake a good mood to talk to a stranger.
Looking forward to:  Monday's doctor appointment. REALLY hoping things are further along then.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Nicole! I know how tough this time is. and I can relate to everything you put in your blog :-). Enjoy your last couple weeks of freedom!

    ReplyDelete