Tuesday, May 1, 2012

39 Weeks


How far along?  39 weeks - seriously?! I'm ready!
Baby Craun's size:  The size of a wintermelon, which is a little bigger than a watermelon I guess.
Total weight gain/loss:  I lost another pound this week, so now at 22 total pounds. Must be because my new theme song is Walk It Out. I'm trying to walk as much as possible which is hard because I mostly waddle.
Maternity clothes:  Yep.
Stretch marks?  Nope. I think I might have little ones on the top parts of my hips but I can't tell because I can't see them up close - my belly's in the way!
Sleep:  Negatory. I'm so uncomfortable and contractions have been waking me up every night over the last week and a half.
Movement:  Lots. At my appointment Monday the doc had me get an ultrasound because she couldn't tell for sure that he was still head down. So we did it and turns out that he has one of his feet down by his face. He was moving around a lot so we couldn't get a good 3D picture, and his umbilical cord is by his face too (that thing across his left cheek, see below). The ultrasound tech said things are okay now, but he could flip because he's so active and there's a lot of amniotic fluid still. Hopefully he stays head down! In other news, he looks like he has a ton of hair, and I think he really looks like Brinley when she was born. He has the Carlson chubby cheeks for sure.

Symptoms:  Nothing different than last week. Swollen, tired, achy, crabby.
Labor signs?  Definitely having contractions, but still no change in how dilated I am. I almost started crying when the doctor told me this. Four appointments in a row with no change.
Food cravings:  Nope. Food just doesn't sound good. There's no room for food in my stomach.
Miss anything?  Being comfortable in general.
Belly button in or out?  Top part is poking out more now. Bottom part is in just a smidge.
Wedding rings on or off?  If I'm cold, on. If I'm hot, off. I can't sleep with it on anymore either.
Nursery progress:  Done and waiting.
Best moment this week:  My awesome work shower that Megan threw for me. She had some fun games! I'm very blessed to have the amazing coworkers that I have!






Weekly wisdom:  I'm really trying to enjoy these last days of being pregnant and feeling him move around, but I'm just too fustrated that nothing has changed. I'm needing an attitude adjustment!
Looking forward to:  Him being here already. He looked so cute during the ultrasound (when we could see him when he was still, instead of moving and having a blurry pic) that I can't wait to meet him!

No comments:

Post a Comment