How far along? 40 weeks. Today is the due date. So much for that.
Baby Craun's size: He's the size of a jackfruit. I don't even know what that is.
Total weight gain/loss: No change from last week
Maternity clothes: Yes, but I went and bought a few new things that I can wear now and after he's born so at least I can look cute during these final days. I was really bored with the stuff I have now.
Stretch marks? No. Those marks I thought I had last week are gone this week.
Sleep: Nope. I'm having pretty regular contractions that have gotten really painful but they still aren't causing me to dilate. I've figured out that if I stay up really late until I'm really tired, then I can sleep for longer chunks of time.
Movement: Yes, especially when I have a contraction. Some of his movements are painful too.
Symptoms: Super emotional and tired some days. I'm having "real" contractions that are super draining. I'm so freaking sick of people saying, "You're still here?" or "He's not here yet?" It takes every ounce of my energy to not bite their heads off sometimes, even when I know they mean well. My feet are also super swollen so I'm wearing mostly flip flops now.
Labor signs? I thought my water broke on Friday (it would be TMI if I told the whole story), so we went to the hospital and spent the evening of Bri's birthday there. First they couldn't get a good baseline on his heart rate because he was moving so much, and then my blood pressure was high, I had a headache, and my feet were super swollen so they did every test to make sure I wasn't having pregnancy-induced hypertension. Four hours later they sent us home, and told me that I needed to basically be on bedrest the whole weekend. Then Sunday night I was up until about 12:30-1:00ish with horrible contractions coming every 2 to 3 minutes. But because I could walk and talk through them, the nurse said it would be best to just wait it out at home. I was able to get a few hours sleep, and they finally slowed down and got less intense around 5:30-6ish. At my doctor appointment Monday, I was still at a 1 and about 50% effaced (apparently that doesn't really matter), but the good thing was that my blood pressure was back to normal. Today I have a nonstress test, then I go back for another nonstress test, this time at the hospital, at 9:00 on Saturday morning, and then Monday morning I have another doctor's appointment for another nonstress test and to schedule a date to be induced. Scary thing about that is, if I still don't dilate with the pitocin when they try to induce labor then I'll probably have to have a c-section...Good news is that they won't let me go past 41 weeks so I have 7 days at most. And since we get to schedule when I'll be induced, hopefully I'll get to schedule delivery with my favorite doctor. She told D on Monday that he needs to come out soon, on his own, so that he isn't that deadbeat son living in his parents' basement :)
Food cravings: Nothing sounds good, except for when I'm feeling major cramping, and then all I want is chocolate.
Miss anything? Same as last week - I want nothing more than to be comfortable again. I'm miserable.
Belly button in or out? Same as last week, part in, part out.
Wedding rings on or off? Off mostly.
Nursery progress: Complete.
Best moment this week: Since all I could do this weekend was lay around, Coco and I got some quality cuddle time in. I swear animals can tell when you need some cheering up. And I'm feeling very very lucky to have such a wonderful support group. Between my mom, sis, and Brian letting me vent, the pretty surprise flowers from Mitch and Julie, and all the support Brian has provided, I've been able to make it through. It doesn't hurt that I got my mother's day present early too!
Weekly wisdom: I seriously would rather run 2 marathons back-to-back then have to go through these last few weeks again. It wouldn't be so bad if the contractions were actually doing something, or if everyone hadn't convinced me that he'd come early. It's like reaching the finish line, only to find that surprise, you have another couple of miles to run. But my pitty party ended on Monday because there could be worse things in life.
Looking forward to: This weekend Vi will be in town so I'll get to spend some time with her! I'm bummed that she won't get to meet D, but oh well.
No comments:
Post a Comment