Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Free Stuff!!!

When I was pregnant and awake at dumb hours of the night, I would troll Pinterest for all things twins related. I often came across pins mentioning all the free stuff twin (or triplet, quadruplet, etc) parents can get just by sending a letter or email to baby companies. Who doesn't love free stuff? If you know me, or you know what my mother is like, you know I love free stuff and samples. I'm fairly certain that my friends and I ruined Zoo Brew by sampling drinking all the free booze. When my mom and I run Race for the Cure, our most favorite part is the free stuff from all the sponsors. We seriously would get there right when it opened, gather all our free things, run the race, and then gather more free things. We have problems. And don't even get me started on coupons! The Limited, with all their 50% off coupons, is the devil.

Anyway, what I didn't realize was that many of these pins were a few years old, and the information linked to those pins was outdated. Regardless, I contacted the companies last month in search of samples and coupons, stating that we had twins and that I could send proof of this if needed. My messages included my email address, physical address, and phone number. All the companies had an email address to send a note to or a form on their website to complete.  Most of the companies have discontinued their multiple birth program, so I think any new parent can request some samples and coupons. Do it!

Here's a list of who I contacted and what I received:

TOMY (aka Learning Curve Brands and The First Years)
My absolute favorite!  They still have their Multiple Birth Program, and requested proof of twins (I sent our discharge papers). They sent us two packs of Take & Toss sippy cups and two of the most adorable moose teethers. I'm a huge fan of the sippy cups because you can use them with and without the lid and for being so inexpensive, Dom's set has lasted a long time and hasn't gotten all yucky like his other sippys. Side note - the address I had to send the copies to is in Dyersville. I almost mentioned the Field of Dreams but figured they get that a lot. :)

Hain Celestial (aka Earth's Best)
They sent four coupons, two each of $.55 of infant or toddler food and $1.50 off diapers.

Abbott Nutrition (aka Similac)
They sent one sample can of formula (whichever kind you prefer, as long as they have it available) and three $2 off coupons. They also recommended that I contact our pediatrician to receive more samples and coupons. In addition, if you sign up for the StrongMoms program you receive a box with two sample cans, premixed formula, and $5 off coupons. I did this with Dominic so I had to register a different email address to get another sample box for the twins.

Medela
Absolutely nothing. Boo. The rep who contacted me suggested that I like them on facebook, and that they sometimes have samples and coupons available there. I was really hoping for a least a coupon or two to use toward pumping supplies.

Caldrea
They sent a sample of the Sweet Pea stain remover that we use, as well as five samples of hand soap. The samples are small, but I think I got three hand washes out of each sample.

Seven Generations
Nothing.

Pampers / Luvs
I contacted both, and since they are owned by the same company you can only request coupons from one of them. I requested Pampers. I had to send a copy of our discharge papers in order to receive the coupons. They sent the following coupons:
- $1 off wipes
- Two $2 off diapers
- $5 off diapers
- Free pack of diapers (up to $13.99)

Playtex
Their program was discontinued but they sent four coupons, two $1 off and two $7.99 off any Playtex infant product or Diaper Genie pail or refill.

Boudreaux's Buttpaste
Their program was also discontinued, and they did not send coupons. Like Medela, they suggested I follow them on facebook for offers.

The Honest Company
They didn't send anything, but said they would give me 25% off my first purchase through their website. They send coupons via email if you sign up to receive them. 

Triple Paste
They sent two samples and two $1 off coupons of their diaper cream. We've never used this brand before but it's always nice to have samples to keep in the diaper bag.

Gerber
Their program was discontinued, and they suggested that I sign up on their website to receive samples and coupons.

Lansinoh
Like Gerber and Medela, they don't have a program and you must register on their website to receive coupons.

I contacted the following companies, and haven't heard anything:
- Little Me,
- Baby Blanket Suncare,
- Ella's Kitchen, and
- Huggies.

I didn't contact Enfamil since we don't use their formula. The posts I read stated that they send a ton of formula so definitely contact them if you use it!

And because I can't write a post without pictures of William and Chloe, here you go:
Sleepy babies

Strong boy holding his head up

Refusing to drink formula. She very much prefers breastmilk!

No comments:

Post a Comment