How far along? 18 weeks (a little late on the posting...this was actually last Wednesday)
Baby C's size: About the size of a sweet potato
Total weight gain/loss: Still at -2 overall. How I have this belly and haven't gained any weight is beyond me. I wonder how this will change now that I'm done with my 2011 Race-A-Month challenge and I'm not running on weekends...
Maternity clothes: Mostly my old stuff with a few new tops mixed in. The 2-cup increase in my boobies is making it really hard to fit in my old clothes. Totally rocking the belly band and rubberband look with my pants.
Stretch marks? Nope. Cocoa butter is my best friend right now.
Sleep: Total garbage. I wake up most nights every few hours to pee or blow my stuffy nose. We bought a body pillow for me yesterday and I actually slept through most of the night last night. I kind of miss those first few months were I could sleep for hours.
Movement: I *think* I felt movement last week. Felt like little flutters. Very weird.
Symptoms: Stuffy nose all the time and my lower back and hips are starting to hurt. The extreme exhaustion and nausea of the first 4 months is mostly gone!
Labor signs? nope
Food cravings: Craving healthier stuff but still have those times where I just want everything you eat when you're hungover - pizza, wings, fried food. I've noticed the times when I want those foods is when I feel the nausea, just like when I was hungover! Still can't eat yogurt and eggs. Vom. My addiction to sugar is in remission. And pretty much every time I watch tv or see a billboard with some sort of remotely appetizing food on it, I suddenly want it. Hello Burger King chicken sandwhiches.
Miss anything? Cold turkey sandwiches, sleeping on my back and stomach, beer (who would have thought - I used to hate the taste), shopping (all those cute fall clothes!), sushi, allergy meds, cold meds, all my pretty high heels collecting dust in their room, smoked meats (hmmm...pulled pork sandwiches....ribs)
Belly button in or out? In still. I'm pretty freaked about what my belly button is going to turn into by the end. Ew.
Wedding rings on or off? Mostly on, but sometimes I'm too hot to wear the diamond part. Haven't needed to take off my actual wedding band yet.
Best moment this week: I'm starting to look less like I ate too much and more like I'm pregnant. And even though this was techinically last week, I'll share it here - at 17 1/2 weeks we found out that we're having a BOY! Yay! Brian and I already figured out how we want to decorate the nursery. More on that later.
Weekly wisdom: Goodbye my lovely high heels. I'll see you in a few years, and likely then only for special occassions. This week I bought a few pairs of wedges and a pair of flats. Maybe I'll wear a few heels now and then, but my klutziness makes it so I need to remain closer to the ground.
Looking forward to: Christmas break so I can start all the fun art projects I have planned for the nursery!
No comments:
Post a Comment