Monday, December 12, 2011

Nursery plans

I'm so excited to start working on the nursery!

Here's what the room looks like right now:
It was my closet room but that has since been moved to the woman-cave in the basement. The shelving is all built in, and that will remain chocolate brown.

Here are our plans so far:
Walls: Baby blue and white horizontal stripes. Sorry Mom! And Jen, I'm not so sorry...pay back :) Here's the inspiration:

Bedding: We purchased the Very Hungry Caterpillar quilt from Pottery Barn Kids. It's on back-order online and not sold in stores, but on a very lucky day I happened to be in the store shortly after someone had returned it. Of course I bought it! Since I didn't feel like dropping ridiculous amounts of money on the complete bedding set, we'll get the rest of the bedding from Target. We'll probably just have a plain white crib skirt with blue gingham trim (THANK YOU Mom for being so crafty!). I haven't decided on a bumper yet, but found some breathable ones online. There's so much controversy around crib bumpers now that it kind of freaks me out! Sheets will probably just be solid, lighter versions of the other colors in the room.

Mobile: I'm so excited to start making this! I found this picture somewhere online and decided to make our own version. It'll be one of my projects over break.

Rocker: I'm thinking a wooden rocker like my parents had in their room when I grew up, painted red and made more comfortable with some thick denim cushions. Pretty sure my mom doesn't want to re-re-finish the glider we got from Brian's grandma years ago, so we'll be getting something new/used and inexpensive.

Art work: I'm so excited to work on this too! Here's some inspiration, and you can see the finished results in a few months.
Picture bright handprints on white canvas

I love these dots!

To go with the rising sun.

A fun way to match the quilted caterpillar.

A photo arrangement done by Laura Widness of Ruby Shoes Photography (check her out on facebook - she did an AMAZING job on our engagement photos!). We'll arrange the art over the crib in a similar way with the long one being Baby C's name, which is top secret!

Thought this was pretty cool. Maybe a neat way to decorate a boring lamp?

Crib and changing table: We are very very fortunate to be purchasing a used crib and changing table from a family friend. Thinking of leaving it the pale wooden color it is, painting them white to counter act all the color, or painting it to match the shelving. Or maybe painting the table green but that all depends on whether or not we get a bright red rocker. Thoughts?

Here's the color palette for the room:

No comments:

Post a Comment