Sunday, September 14, 2014

Pregnant with Twins: 19 Weeks

 
I guess Brian wanted to show off his crisp edging along the ceiling...

How far along? 19 weeks. The last 2 months have really flown by because we've been so busy.
Baby Crauns' size:  Mangos this week, which means about 6 inches long. We'll find out if they're still on track with size on Wednesday.
Total weight gain/loss:  No change, which is surprising given the large quantity of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies I've consumed this weekend.
Maternity clothes:  Yep. My maternity skinny jeans (which aren't really that skinny) feel like I'm wearing sweat pants so don't judge if you see me wearing them every weekend day for the next few months. 
Stretch marks?  No change from last week. Every week I make it without new ones makes me happy. 
Sleep:  I've been so busy at work that I pass out every night, but I'm still waking up every 2-3 hours to go to the bathroom or because Brian snores too loud or Coco climbs all over me and then lays right on my belly (I think she already wants to snuff out their breaths) or Marbles claws the f-ing dresser.   
Movement:  I'm feeling a few little kicks/punches on the outside of my belly now. They mostly happen when I have something resting on my belly.
Symptoms:  The nausea came back this week, but only here and there. It's nothing like what it was during the first trimester; it's more so like what I experienced when I was pregnant with Dominic. 
Labor signs?  Negatory. Since I for sure will have another c-section, I'm really really hoping that they stick it out in there until a scheduled date and time. And that that scheduled date and time do not fall during a massive blizzard.
Food cravings:  Well, clearly I was craving something baked. At least I went for a "healthier" version by using applesauce instead of oil and stevia instead of sugar. I'm also craving fresh produce - I actually ate green beans without gagging!  This baffles me because when I was pregnant with Dominic I ate so much crap (but it was the best thing ever).    
Miss anything?  Energy. Everything sucks the life out of me. I wish that I could play with Dominic like I used to, but now we mostly play together in ways that include me being a lazy bum. Thank goodness for the playground at daycare or I would feel super guilty about our lack of trips to the park. 
Belly button in or out?  No change.
Wedding rings on or off?  I got in the habit of not wearing my diamond ring very much because I didn't want to pay to get all the little stones in the bands re-tipped every 3-4 years (ridiculous downside to individually set stones). This habit was totally reinforced when I visited Mom at work this week and had my rings cleaned. Mom and I were browsing the garnet (January) and amethyst (February) jewelry (you know, because I fully expect more after my first mother's day gift), and I said that I'm so hard on my hands so I need low-profile rings. The dude said that my wedding ring hasn't shown hardly any wear at all. Yeah, because I never wear it! So glad I didn't get my wedding band soldered to the other one.
Nursery progress:  Crib 1 is ready and set for Baby A!  (Yes, I know bumpers are bad. It's flush with the top of the mattress.) The closet and dresser are almost ready, too. Brian's going to start painting Crib 2 this week. We got a used Jenny Lind crib that needs to be painted white (sorry, Brian) to match the one we had to purchase new. Once that's in place we can put in the rocker and side table (where that lamp and kleenex will go) and hang the art work. (That fuzzy thing behind me is the ottoman, which also holds all our extra quilts and blankets.) Then I want to hang some shelves near the rocker for another surface to put things on (picture frames and piggy banks), plus some shelves behind the door for books.
Best moment this week:  Turns out Dom really does get that there are two babies in there, even if he doesn't understand how they're going to turn his life upside down. We visited the infant room at daycare on Friday afternoon to say hi. They asked Dom what's in my belly, and he gave his standard answer:  "Two." When they asked two of what, he actually said babies! 
Weekly wisdom:  I seriously have the best husband. He left us for the weekend to party in Iowa City, and I am so freaking exhausted from trying to run a household and care for a toddler by myself, plus getting caught up on work and trying to get some more organizing done.
Looking forward to:  Wednesday's appointment! It's the big anatomy ultrasound so we'll have a good hour to spend looking at our babies and making sure all their parts are there. And of course we'll get to confirm gender!

No comments:

Post a Comment