Sunday, October 26, 2014

Pregnant with Twins: 25 Weeks


How far along?  25 weeks
Baby Crauns' size:  They are each the size of a head of cauliflower and weight between 1.5 to 2.5 pounds. 
Total weight gain/loss:  17-18 pounds, depending on the amount of water retention in my legs and feet. I bought compression socks last Sunday and wore them a few days this week, and magically lost 5-6 pounds (per our home scale)!  I can't get over how much the socks help, both with swelling and the pain. We'll see what the official doctor scale says in a few more weeks. 
Maternity clothes:  After shopping last weekend, I have a few more things in my rotation, but I will probably have to do laundry 1-2 times a week to keep up on bottoms and those darn socks. I hate doing laundry.
Stretch marks?  I bought the Medela stretch mark therapy and prevention. Hopefully it works!
Sleep:  I seriously pass out at the end of every day because I'm so tired. I've been getting a lot done during the day, and I'm hoping that I can keep this up for a few more weeks, both for my work to do list and our home to do list.    
Movement:  They are still moving like crazy. I took some video this week of my belly moving but I can't figure out how to post it on here. Stupid phone.
Symptoms:  I've been feeling so much better with those stinking socks, and probably because I'm working hard on trying to stay positive. I think I strained one of my stomach muscles yesterday trying to pick up my nephew. It hurts a bit to sneeze, cough, and sit up/stand without using my arms. Brian keeps yelling at me about carrying pretty much anything...guess I need to listen to him for sure!
Labor signs?  A few more Braxton Hicks this week.
Food cravings:  Beer. This nice weather and football is missing some cider beer. And I keep finding all these yummy-sounding fall spiked drinks on pinterest. Dang it.   
Miss anything?  Playing on the floor with Dominic, especially when he says, "Mama, sit down" and points at the floor by his toys. I also miss picking him up and holding him. I'm afraid that by the time I'm able to physically that he won't want that anymore or that he'll seriously be too big for me to do that. Cue tears.    
Belly button in or out?  It's pretty much flat.
Wedding rings on or off?  Lost cause. I'm retaining so much water all over that even my wedding band is leaving a mark on my finger. It's usually twisting and turning all over the place! I'm afraid that I'm going to have to take it off before this is done.   
Nursery progress:  We just need to make a little base for their humidifier so we can keep it on the floor instead of wasting space on the table top or dresser top. I still need to rig up something on the chair to keep it from hitting the wall. I was going to clean their new clothes/blankets this weekend but we were so busy that I'm waiting until this coming weekend. We plan on hunkering down to work on potty training with Dominic so I'm sure I'll have plenty of time. Sometime this week I'll post pictures!
Best moment this week:  Watching Dominic and Bennett play together like crazy monkeys this weekend. Brian's family came to town and it was great to see everyone. We went to Night Eyes at the Zoo, and then swimming at the hotel.
Dominic, the king of the Wild Things

Where the Wild Things Are is one of Dominic's favorite books. I love to read it with him because he remembers certain lines, and I get to pause and let him say them. Lately we've been changing from Max to Dominic when we read, so this costume definitely had to happen. Thanks Grandma Cindy for making such an awesome costume!



Weekly wisdom:  So I really am lucky to be married to someone who helps out and takes care of me and Dominic. I can't imagine having children with anyone else but Brian. But why is it that I always hear that I'm the lucky one?  Shouldn't he be lucky too?  It's pretty sad that a man who steps up and does his share to run the household and raise the children and take care of a very pregnant wife who works full time is consider abnormal in our society. It should be normal!  
Looking forward to:  My little nephew being born this week!  I can't wait to meet little Austin, even if it is through facetime. It's so strange that my little brother is going to be a daddy, but I know that he and Ally will be wonderful parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment