![]() |
| About time to start using a real camera... |
Baby Crauns' size: The size of a papaya.
Total weight gain/loss: I haven't weighed myself so we'll just say the same as last week.
Maternity clothes: I scored some dresses on the clearance rack at Target for like $4 each! I bought a size bigger so hopefully they'll fit me when I hit the duplex stage.
Stretch marks? No new ones.
Sleep: The colder weather has helped me sleep a little better this week. It's freezing in our room but it's perfect for sleeping.
Movement: My weekly email from thebump.com says that they should be sleeping 10-14 hours per day. It feels like they are always awake and moving, which means that it's likely that at least one of them is always awake. This also means that they aren't totally in-sync, which sort of has me freaking out for when they're here.
Symptoms: Breathing has started to get a little difficult between my allergies and the space-hoggers. I've been using my inhaler more and I have a breathing test on Monday at the allergist so we'll see what that says. I also think I have that mask of pregnancy (whatever the official name is). My face is super blotchy and weird looking, and I didn't notice it until I used my airbrush foundation last week for pictures and then went back to my daily BB cream.
Labor signs? I felt my first Braxton Hicks contractions on Tuesday, and it made me think of when I was pregnant with Dominic. I had awful contractions for like 2 weeks straight at the end with none of them being regular. I'm thankful that I don't have to go to 41 weeks again!
Food cravings: Taste of New York made it on the list again! I took Dominic there for a lunch date yesterday and he loved it too. Most of the time, though, nothing sounds good but water.
Miss anything? Getting up from the floor without hurting. Sleeping on my stomach. Shopping for cute new fall clothes (because what's the point when you're only going to fit into something for a few weeks).
Belly button in or out? Holding steady at just the top part starting to poke out.
Wedding rings on or off? I've worn it more this week with it being colder.
Nursery progress: We're almost done! Brian brought up the glider (that was his Grandma's and my mom recovered) and I noticed the back is coming apart. So we need to fix that piece, finishing cleaning the cat fur off, and then rig up the bottom so that it doesn't slide back too far and hit the wall. I need to find a side table that will fit the space. Pictures to come later once we've finished with everything. Other things include (and this is now my to do list!): hanging the video monitor, decorating the shelves above the chair, touching up a few spots of paint, and washing the new clothes, blankets, and bibs (I'm superstitiously waiting until 25 weeks since the likelihood of miscarriage goes way down and the likelihood of a baby being born and surviving at this time goes up). Then I need to pack a hospital bag and get serious about them coming!
Best moment this week: My bestie had her baby girl, Isla, on Monday! I got to visit her on Tuesday at the hospital (more on that below), and we took Dominic to visit her this morning. She is so sweet and such a good little baby! Dominic did okay with me holding her and he even helped feed her. He even talked and played quietly so that he did wake her. I'm so proud of how well Dom did during our visit, and I'm very proud of how awesome Megan and Jon are doing with this whole parenting gig!
![]() |
| Dominic and Baby Isla |
And then we went to the pumpkin patch and Dominic had a blast. He loves being like Daddy!
![]() |
| That's Daddy all the way up there carrying his pumpkin. |
Weekly wisdom: So this week has been really hard. I had a complete backslide to the feelings that I had the first three months. When I got to the maternity ward at Mercy to visit Megan, Jon, and Isla, I seriously almost had a panic attack thinking about our time there almost 2.5 years ago and about what's coming up. How the heck do you recover from a c-section with 2 babies?! I struggled with one! Megan posted a picture of me on Facebook holding Isla and I can totally see on my face how panicked and sick I felt, and I can't get over how pale I looked in the picture. The whole time I was there I felt like I wanted to puke, my heart was racing, and I had a cold sweat going on. When I left I sat in my car and cried for about 10 minutes, then cried the whole way home. Every single one of the thoughts/doubts from before all came rushing back because it all became more real. I've been thinking a lot that I can't do this. But yesterday morning I was on pinterest and came across this:
Looking forward to: We're visiting Brian's grandparents in Arizona later this week and I'm excited for them to see how big Dominic is now. I'm a little worried about how he and I are going to handle traveling though...




No comments:
Post a Comment