How far along? 32 weeks - only 37 days left!
Baby Crauns' size: They each are the size of a squash. At my doctor appointment last week, the doctor said they'd be over 4 lbs each by today. They are so heavy that I have to wear my maternity belt to support my belly every day or else I have major back pain.
Total weight gain/loss: I'm at +28 overall. Which is 1 lb more than what I gained with Dom and I still have 5 weeks left. I've had lots of people tell me they thought I'd be bigger than I am, and I suppose I thought I would be too. But I always say to check in at 35 weeks and I'm sure I'll be a house.
Maternity clothes: I bought a cute normal size peasant top from Anthropologie during their huge sale on sale items and was able to wear it Friday with a really long tank. But I definitely wore my maternity jeans with it!
Stretch marks? I'm just really itchy! No marks that I can see - yet.
Sleep: AWFUL. Just awful. It got better earlier this week because I added the second body pillow to our bed finally, but sleep has turned to crap again. I can't eat large meals so I'm always starving at 2 am. And I have to choose between being slightly dehydrated all the time and sleeping or being hydrated and going to the bathroom every 2 hours. I guess my body is preparing me for life with two newborns.
Movement: With William sideways and Chloe nestled way down low, I feel tons of movement where all their limbs are. Which also happens to be right by my freaking bladder.
Symptoms: I'm super hot all the time, which means I'm more swollen. I'm emotional so if I'm tired in the least bit, I cry at the drop of a hat. My hips and back hurt more often than they don't hurt. But all of these things are better than spending hours on end with two babies in the NICU.
Labor signs? I've had three contractions this last week and all of them were after I got upset about something. One was work related (children with significant cognitive disabilities do NOT have to hurt themselves - there's a way to help them, people!) and the other two were on Saturday morning at 5:30 am after I'd been awake since 1:45 and I couldn't fall back asleep.
Food cravings: I have willingly passed up sweets and baked goods. Willingly. That is how you know I have no room for food.
Miss anything? The last two works weeks have been had a few very upsetting / disappointing moments, plus a few sad ones (Jill and Erin, I wish you didn't have to leave me!), that would have necessitated some crap food and alcohol. Crap food gives me heartburn so that's out. And obviously the alcohol is out. I can't wait to drink hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps instead of peppermint marshmallows!
Belly button in or out? It' starting to poke out. It'll be interesting to see how bad this gets.
Wedding rings on or off? I'm almost at the point of needing to take off my wedding band. Hopefully it survives to the end!
Nursery progress: I got a little bit more done on the lamp shade, but I keep choosing to do other things and I seriously need to quit procrastinating. And my plan to keep the cats out of the cribs failed.
![]() |
| Blurry thanks to William karate chopping my arm through my belly |
Best moment this week: We did a few fun things this week: Dom and I made a hand-print Christmas tree with thumb-print lights throughout the week (our pinspiration - next year I think we'll make the feet snowmen). Then Saturday we got to spend time with Brian's family to celebrate Christmas early. And then this afternoon we decorated some sugar cookies.
![]() |
| The awesome tree |
![]() |
| At least they love each other now! |
![]() |
| So careful with the sprinkles |
![]() |
| One of these things is not like the other... |
![]() |
| Our final spread |
![]() |
| Sweet hair, dude |
Weekly wisdom: I have been seriously overwhelmed by how caring and thoughtful our friends and family are. We have complete meals in our freezer, a fully-stocked closet for Chloe (and hopefully Dom's stuff will fit William!), and plenty of diapers to save us large shopping trips. Plus I have plenty of you all checking in on me and making sure I am taking it easy at work. I cannot thank you enough! THANK YOU!
![]() |
| I somehow managed to fit a year's worth of clothes for each of them in this dinky closet! Dom's changing table was repurposed into the shelves for their blankets, bedding, and bath supplies. |
Looking forward to: I cannot wait for my team's annual white elephant gift exchange at work! Someone always has a hilarious gift and we get a little crazy stealing gifts from each other while wearing our ugly Christmas sweaters. It's guaranteed to be a good time!








No comments:
Post a Comment