How far along? 33 weeks. I'm starting to freak out a little. On average, twins are delivered around 34 weeks. Please don't let that happen! I want to enjoy my week and a half off work!
Baby Crauns' size: They're the size of durian fruit (that stinky stuff that's always on Bizarre Foods), and should weigh over 4 lbs a piece now. My belly is so heavy!
Total weight gain/loss: Doc appointment is tomorrow so I'm waiting to weigh myself on their scale. Which is mostly because I can't see the numbers on ours because I am ginormous. My whole core is on fire every time I have change positions, stand up, or bend/squat to pick something up. I seriously have to roll out of bed because I can't sit up. I'm not going to miss this part after I'm healed from the c-section. And I'm incredibly thankful that I was in decent shape from all my 1/2 training before I was knocked up, because I'm able to use my legs a lot to compensate for my nonexistent core.
Maternity clothes: I'm still wearing a mix of maternity clothes and regular clothes that are stretchy and longer. I'm wearing my maternity belt almost every day to help with back pain. It's starting to get stretched out, so I wish I would have gotten a size smaller to keep it nice and supportive. I also wish I would have stuck to the weight specifics for the sizes, instead of going off the reviews. In addition, I need to invent a compression sock, um, applicator, I guess. Getting those damn things on is so difficult. It takes about five minutes to get them both on and catch my breath after doing so. How long does it take you to put socks on? Bet it's not five minutes!
Stretch marks? Yep. They're definitely there. With Dom's pregnancy I just got a couple of the white-ish silvery ones on my hips and you really can't see them. Nope, not this time. This time there are nice red/blue/purple ones around my belly button. Not like I ever thought I'd be in a bikini again, but seriously?! Ugh.
Sleep: I went 32 1/2 weeks without a cold, and caught Dom's after staying home with him on Thursday. Now I definitely am not sleeping. I've been up every morning this week around 6 or earlier. Last Sunday when Brian's family was here, I was the first one up! Whaaaattt?! Yesterday I even had coffee. Who am I?!?! (I guess I should mention that the coffee was 60% coffee / 40% peppermint mocha creamer, but that's more coffee than usual.)
Movement: Lots. I think I feel William move around more than Chloe (like when he kicked my open water bottle off my stomach yesterday). Every morning around 3, I have a minor freak out as I try to remember the last time I felt Chloe move. So then I push my belly lightly in the area she's in and wait for her to move. She wakes up and starts moving, which then must wake up William, and then I can't go back to sleep because the circus is happening in my belly. I'm so thankful we have a video monitor so I won't do this crap when they're here.
Symptoms: Back aches from carrying around two babies. Sciatic nerve pain. Swollen fingers, feet, and legs. Major congestion (and now a cold - boo). Plus all the issues I have with my hip and pelvic muscles last year are back. I see more physical therapy in my future and I sort of can't wait for it!
Labor signs? Just two contractions this week. All I know is that if I wasn't going to deliver these babies by a c-section, I'd want Salt N Pepa there singing "Push It".
Food cravings: A cold turkey sandwich, like the #12 no tomato at Jimmy John's. I'm also craving oatmeal. My favorite is to make some in the microwave, and then top with brown sugar, apple chunks, and a few walnuts. So yummy.
Miss anything? I feel like this makes me seem like an alchie, but I miss booze! I just want a glass of wine without any worry. I know they say you can have one, but you never know for sure, and I have two children in there to potentially f-up, instead of just one. So no wine at all, and I will greatly miss our annual Christmas eve jello shots!
Belly button in or out? Same as last week - slightly poking out
Wedding rings on or off? Still not even trying the diamonds. One of my nails broke so I cut all of them way down, and you can totally tell now how swollen my fingers are. I have Eddie's Jimmy Dean fingers!
Nursery progress: I spent most of my free time this week working on the lampshade. I'm so close to being done! Whenever I talk to Dominic about Chloe and William being born and coming home, he always says, "No my room." I reassure him that they will stay in their room next to his and he always whines, "noooo." Too bad.
Best moment this week: I stayed home with Dominic on Thursday because he was sick and of course his cold hit me only a few hours into the day. Thanks, dude. On the plus side, we (sort of, as much as my belly allowed) cuddled on the couch and watched the Grinch and Frosty the Snowman a few times. I love that he likes to watch my favorite Christmas movies and cartoons! We also watched the episode of Spongebob where they get in a snowball fight (how is there snow on the ocean floor?) on Friday. Dominic recently started engaging in imaginary play without using any toys, so then we got in an imaginary snowball fight.
![]() |
| Taking his medicine like a champ! |
![]() |
| Peeling his clementine all by himself in his new Batman jammies |
Weekly wisdom: It's still so hard to comprehend that there are two children in me! Brian even said the same thing. Last night, I realized that my skin is stretched so far over my belly that you can see pretty much every vein there. I feel slightly freak-show-ish with two in there, especially when they move. One second I think, "GET OUT!" because I just want to be comfortable again. Then I think about what's going to happen when they're out, and I think, "STAY IN THERE!" At this point, I can't decide which is worse. However, I do look forward to meeting them, and I'm confident that we'll be okay once we make it through the first few weeks and my incision site has healed.
Looking forward to: This won't happen for a while, but I'm very much looking forward to watching Dominic, Chloe, and William play together. I love watching Dominic play, mostly because the majority of kids I work with have no clue how to play. And I can't wait for Christmas! I love Christmas! As an added bonus, I'll finally get to meet my nephew Austin and see some of my extended family!
Merry Christmas everyone!



No comments:
Post a Comment