When we had Dominic, the nurse who was with us all through that long day of labor was so amazing. I never got her name, and I wish that I could have done something to thank her for keeping me calm and comfortable that day. She was also an advocate for me in our attempt to avoid a c-section, and when the call was made to go to the OR, she did everything she could to make sure I didn't have a nervous breakdown.
This time around, I wanted to be prepared to show them how much we appreciate them. And we sort of wanted to give an incentive for giving us a little more support since we had two babies! Baked goods were ruled out - I had no clue when Chloe and William would actually arrive and my idea to bake a fresh round of cookies every week sounded like obesity city.
Instead, here's what I did using this pin as inspiration:
I think I made a little over a dozen of these sets. Each includes a candy bar, a pack of gum, hand sanitizer, and chapstick tied up with twine in a cellophane treat bag. I was worried that this wasn't enough, but every nurse said they loved it (obviously, they would to our face), but then later I saw one using the chapstick so maybe they legitimately liked them!
I loved having these to give out because it helped me remember the nurses' names, and we got to show them how much we appreciated all they did. Brian and I can't get over how helpful and caring all the nurses were. Apparently when we were at the hospital at least one baby didn't make it and at least one more was ill. One of my favorite nurses said that having our gift was what helped her get through the end of her shift one day because of all the not-so-good things going on. I can't imagine dealing with some of the things they deal with!
Thank you to all you nurses out there!
No comments:
Post a Comment