Sunday, January 18, 2015

Pregnant with Twins: 37 Weeks

Don't mind the water spots on my belly...I can't do anything without making a mess anymore!

 How far along?  Well, I made it to our goal - 37 weeks. Technically I could have these babies tomorrow, but I decided to wait until Wednesday. I forget how I figured it out, but early on I found out that both Brian and I were born on Wednesdays. Dominic was also born on a Wednesday, so might as well have Chloe and William born on Wednesday, too.   
Baby Crauns' size:  They should be at least 6.5 lbs. A friend's sister had her twins on Friday at about 38ish weeks and one weighed 7 lb 8 oz; the other 8 lb 13 oz. That's a lot of baby!
Total weight gain/loss:  +35ish total.
Maternity clothes:  My belly has grown exponentially in the last two weeks, but I feel it's a toss up as to whether it's the babies growing or me eating a ginormous red velvet or double chocolate muffin from Target's bakery every morning. I have a few tops that I've been able to wear still. I'm glad I have them because all of the stuff I wore at the end of my pregnancy with Dominic does not fit, dresses included. I'm very much looking forward to wearing my cute sweaters I got super cheap from the Limited after Christmas!
Stretch marks?  No new ones this week.
Sleep:  My side is feeling much better so it's easier to move around in bed now. Hauling this extra weight around has made me exhausted so I'm actually able to get a deep sleep in between bathroom trips. I reach a certain point, though, where my bed feels so uncomfortable and my hips hurt so I just get up. Yesterday, I was the one to get up with Dominic while Brian slept in - we're living in some strange world! The one nice (but also bad) thing about getting up early every day is that I start working around 6:30 when Brian and Dom leave. I've been working a few extra hours every day and still won't get everything done before Tuesday afternoon! 
Movement:  I don't get how they, especially William, is still able to move around so much! I mentioned last week that Dominic has been very interested in my belly as of late, and he likes to push on my belly to get Chloe and William to push back. He also likes to comment on how big my belly is, and ask if Chloe kicked me. I asked him if he was going to say my belly is big after the babies are out and he said yes. Kids are too honest.
Symptoms:  I'm feeling way better than I thought I would at this point! There are times where I'm uncomfortable, but as long as I balance a little movement with a lot of rest I feel okay. I'm super swollen everywhere - face, hands, feet, legs. Thankfully I don't have to go to 40 weeks! I also reached the point this week where I can no longer sit on the floor with Dominic or lay a certain way on the couch without having a moment of panic that I can't get up. I need a Life Alert. 
Labor signs?  Thursday this week was rough with a lot of strong contractions, but the rest of the week was fine. There is absolutely no mistaking now that they both have dropped. I can breathe again! I have one more nonstress test on Monday morning, and as long as everything is still okay, they'll be here on Wednesday. Our time was pushed back to 9:00 now, so we will get to sleep a full night instead of waking at 4 - 4:30 like we would have needed to if we still had the 7:30 time (we have to be there two hours before). As long as there are no emergency c-sections bumping us from the OR, Chloe and William should make their debut by 10:00 on Wednesday!
Food cravings:  I already have my final meal for Tuesday night and my first two meals post-birth planned (Applebees chicken strips and triple chocolate meltdown for Tuesday, Jimmy Johns #12 no tomato for meal 1, and the Zombie Burger that has brie and prosciutto on it with a cake shake for meal 2). And then it's time to buckle down and eat healthy so I can hopefully breastfeed (or at least pump) for longer and lose the weight for our challenge!
Miss anything?  I miss cuddling with Dominic and rough-housing with him like I used to. And still missing those bubble baths.
Belly button in or out?  Same as last week.
Wedding rings on or off?  Nothing is fitting on these sausage fingers.
Nursery progress:  The cats love sleeping in the nursery. They usually fight over who gets to sleep on the changing pad on top of the dresser. Coco usually wins so Marbles gets kicked off and has to sleep on the chair. Tomorrow we'll defuzz the room and start keeping the door shut.
Best moment this week:  Dominic has been extra cuddly this week. He likes sitting close on the couch and lying with us in bed. I love it, because usually he's too busy to cuddle! He has started to wake up around 3 or 4 to go potty and wants to come sleep in our bed with us. We still have that handle on his door (or else he'd get up much earlier), so he knocks pounds on his door when he wants out, which I think is hilarious. It's also kind of nice that he has to do this because he needs help taking off and putting back on his diaper (we need to buy those pull-up overnights) so it's a cue for Brian to help him. Anyway, my absolute favorite part of this whole thing is that he wants to hold my hand while we lie in bed together. I usually end up staying awake for the rest of the night just so I can remember holding his sweet little hand. Love that boy!
   But now it's time to get him back to sleeping through the night in his bed since we'll soon have William and Chloe in our room. Friday night was the first night we made him stay in his room, but he still got to come lay with us when he woke up at his normal time. On a side note, Dominic saw a picture of that Sleeper Hero and really wants one now!
   My other favorite part of this week has been watching Dom's excitement all weekend. We have been doing some of Dom's favorite things since it will be a few weeks before we can do any of those things again. Yesterday we went driving around town, then went to the pet store and followed him around as he went back and forth from the dogs to the fish. He likes to wave at the doggies, even though they never wave back. He got to help clean and vacuum (I'm going to miss this stage when he's older), watch his favorite shows, play with playdoh, stay up a little bit later, eat a cupcake, help cook, and eat pancakes for breakfast this morning. In a little bit he gets to go ride the escalator at Scheels and wander the store with Brian.


Weekly wisdom:  Brian and I talked a few times this week about how this whole thing is sort of surreal. Neither of us can believe that we're going to have THREE kids, and I still feel like I'm not old enough to have kids in general! We both thought this pregnancy wouldn't go as smoothly as it has, and we both thought I would be waaaaaayyyy bigger than I am. I don't think either of us thought I'd make it this far. I was planning on extended bed rest, going into labor super early, and being uncomfortable throughout. I guess this just proves that most of the things you worry about don't end up happening. I'm really hoping I remember this when we bring Chloe and William home for the first time!
Looking forward to:  Meeting our babies. I'm extremely nervous about the actual c-section, especially being alone while they put me back together and Brian's with the babies. And then the recovery, ugh. And those first few weeks until they figure out that they are supposed to sleep at night. And about the struggle to breastfeed/pump. And that they might have reflux like Dom so feeding time will be awful and I'll have to change their clothes and mine five times every day. And that Dom will have a rough time with the transition. (See there I go worrying about a million things!) Those parts are going to suck, but we'll have two little babies to cuddle and love! As soon as I'm functioning, I'll share pictures and their details on here. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment