Monday, January 5, 2015
Pregnant with Twins: 35 Weeks
How far along? 35 weeks. 15 days left. Anyone feel like panicking with me?
Baby Crauns' size: We'll get another estimate of their size on Wednesday, but they should be about 5 lbs each and approximately the size of a coconut.
Total weight gain/loss: +31ish total. I was hoping a weight-loss challenge would start at work in the next few weeks because I would totally win, and we got an email about a new challenge that starts on the 26th. Boom! I'm hoping I can put my pre-challenge weight in before they are born. I'll lose like 20 some pounds right away! (Who wants to be on my team?)
Maternity clothes: I may have worn my Ugg sweatpants (similar to these) every day the past week. And by "may", I mean I did. But don't worry, I did shower though!
Stretch marks? Ugh, I feel like it's getting out of control. (But, I'm exaggerating because in actuality it isn't that bad, just worse than my first pregnancy.)
Sleep: I feel like I go through stages where I'm so exhausted that I can actually sleep, and this past week was one of those.
Movement: Still moving like crazy, which shocks me because I thought they would have run out of room. It's strange to be able to feel the little ridges and try to guess whose arm or leg it is, and it totally freaks Brian out to feel that. We never got to feel the outlines of Dom's limbs because he had much more space to move around, so it's cool to feel their outlines now. Yesterday William had some sort of big movement that hurt like hell again. He might have flipped, and we'll see for sure on Wednesday.
Symptoms: Well, I'm still sick and I feel like crap. I went to urgent care again Saturday morning, and the doctor thinks that the previous round of antibiotics didn't completely kill my sinus infection. He also thinks that it might have turned back into a cold/flu (or it never went away completely before) since my throat feels like there are needles in there. He also said that my allergies have flared up again. My cough has been so bad that I pulled a muscle by my ribs on my right side (or bruised a rib - if that's possible?). The coughing also causes round ligament pain so I try really hard to avoid coughing and when I do I feel like crying. I started another round of stronger antibiotics Saturday, and got the go ahead to take Robitussin for my cough. The doctor also suggested we get a new humidifier for our room since it's over 3 years old and there's a high likelihood that mold is growing somewhere in it (which is the #1 thing I'm allergic to). Hopefully all these things help!
Labor signs? Monitoring last Monday and today went well, and both of them looked great. At one point on both days, William's heartbeat was around 170 as he completed his daily exercises. Surprisingly, they both cooperated and I was in and out of there in about an hour. What's interesting and sort of scary is that the nurse found William's heartbeat a few inches down from where she found it last week. I say scary because in looking at my pics from last week and this week, my belly looks like it's sitting a little lower - so did he drop to get ready to escape? We'll see what the ultrasound says! Also, this past week I've had 2-3 contractions per day, and oh man, they are strong!
Food cravings: I haven't been craving anything, but I ate a lot of crap last week: sugar cookies, mint cookies, popcorn balls...Maybe that's why I actually met the weight gain mark this week.
Miss anything? Seeing all the normal beginning of the year work out stuff makes me really miss moving around. I miss running, or just even walking without waddling!
Belly button in or out? It's about the same as last week.
Wedding rings on or off? Off.
Nursery progress: The lampshade is done! See the reveal here. Bags are all packed, and everything in the room is set. We finished up a couple of the little things left around the house, like hanging Bri's hat rack in the garage plus sewing buttons and fixing holes that have been sitting around the last couple years (whoops). We're as ready as we can be!
Best moment this week: I started William's and Chloe's baby books this week, so I looked back through old messages and posts on Facebook to figure out the day of my first date with Brian and the date we got engaged (like my stupid pregnancy brain can remember this!). I had a good time laughing at the messages Brian sent me to ask me out that first time - he sent one to me the day before our date to double check our plans. Little did I know that double and triple checking plans for which he helped set would be my future! And if you're wondering, our first date was 10/27/2006 and I beat him at darts because he drank martinis (his first time) like he drinks beer. It was my only real first date with a guy, and thankfully my last. He's the best.
Weekly wisdom: Nothing is better than watching Dominic read. He loves books, and gets so into some of the stories. Earlier this week he "read" Brown Bear, Brown Bear all by himself, and was so proud. I hope that Chloe and William will be the same way! I'm completely in love with these Les Petits Fairytales - maybe they would be the ticket!
Looking forward to: The ultrasound on Wednesday. I'm excited to see how big they are, and hopefully get another glimpse at their faces before they arrive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment