Monday, November 10, 2014

Pregnant with Twins: 27 Weeks

 
Too lazy to use the real camera

How far along?  27 weeks. Which means I am officially in the 3rd trimester and there are only 10 weeks left! And when I think about that in terms of days, there are only 72 more days. Shit's gonna get real!
Baby Crauns' size:  One website says a teddy bear, and another says a rutabaga. They should each weigh about two pounds, but both are measuring ahead of schedule. Chloe is estimated to weigh 2 pounds 8 ounces and William is estimated to weigh 2 pounds 10 ounces. If they keep this up they will definitely run out of room!
Total weight gain/loss:  Woohoo! My doctor only wanted me to gain 4 pounds from my last appointment to today, and I was right under. I'd love to say that I watched what I ate and I exercised but I did nothing of the sort. With my initial weight loss, I'm at an overall of +24 pounds.
Maternity clothes:  Maternity leggings are the closest I can get to wearing sweatpants to work... 
Stretch marks?  I've given up trying to locate any. I'm stretched to the max now so I am anticipating some marks in the next couple weeks. And these guys are heavy! I get to start rocking a maternity belt. It's super awesome looking.
Sleep:  I'm so tired at the end of the day from going non-stop that when I lie down to sleep, I'm out.   
Movement:  Sometimes it feels like they are wrestling. William likes to curl up in the top part of his side so I get this weird bulge from his butt right on the top right part of my belly. When he does that, which is often, he makes it really hard for me to breathe comfortably. Thanks dude.
Symptoms:  I don't know if I'm in extreme nesting mode or extreme freak out because everything has to be done in the next couple weeks mode, but we spent the weekend organizing the garage. Thanks to Dad and Brian, our garage is finally (almost) organized! Just a couple odds and ends to finish up. I think the best part of the process was finding some old stuff from grad school and college. Brian and I have hoarder issues.
Labor signs?  A few more wicked Braxton Hicks this past week. I remember having stronger ones around eight months so I was a little worried that I'm about five weeks ahead of that. Turns out that I should be - those extra strong contractions would have put me in the hospital or on bed rest if I didn't know how to respond to them. Glad I knew what to do! Doc said that I need to start cutting back on the crazy hours I've been putting in at work and to start spending less time in schools. If I don't, then I will likely need to be put on bed rest. It's a good thing that I have plenty of stuff to do otherwise! Pray for no early labor!
Food cravings:  I'm obsessed with sweet tango apples. They are the slightly cheaper version of honey crisp, and maybe a little tarter, but they are so good.    
Miss anything?  Those size 8 gray jeans I finally got back into right before I got pregnant again. I feel like those won't see the light of day for another three years, if ever again. 
Belly button in or out?  It's starting to go from flat to poking out. Boo.
Wedding rings on or off?  Still rocking my wedding band. The colder weather has helped a little with the swelling, but it still amazes me how much more swollen I am this time compared to last time.
Nursery progress:  Well, we decided not to get a diaper pail because we didn't want to spend anymore money. I found a black one that wouldn't be a complete eyesore from Buy Buy Baby, and I almost pulled the trigger on it. But then I decided organizing our garage finally was more important. Maybe we'll change our minds when we are changing out the Target garbage sack twice a day. 
Best moment this week:  I had a rough day earlier this week. My sweet little boy could tell I was upset, so he came up and gave me a kiss and a big hug. But then it made me cry because I can't help but think, "What have we done to him?"  I hope that he doesn't hate me for bringing home two babies and not being able to pick him up at all after my c-section. And I really hope that the freak show called twins doesn't take away from his little spot light. I know he'll eventually get over it, but it doesn't stop me from feeling like I robbed him of something. 
Weekly wisdom:  I realized this past week that I have only 43 work days left until my delivery date. We're as ready as we can be on the home front related to the babies, so now it's the mad dash to complete everything I need to for work before Chloe and William arrive. I'm extremely thankful for a boss who is absolutely supportive (and who also has twins!), for a job that allows me to take 12 full paid weeks off to recover and spend time with my babies (please God, let them start sleeping through the night by the end of leave!), and for the amazing team of behavior analysts I work with who will fill in the holes my absence will leave. There may be times that I can't stand my job, but overall I have it pretty darn good. 
Looking forward to:  Indulging in some "meth" (it's like a scotcharoo chex mix and it's even better than crack - the caramel chex mix we served at our wedding) and some pretend wine because I passed my glucose test! This is seriously the best thing ever because I thought with the babies measuring big the last few appointments that I had gestational diabetes. Now I can eat like I normally do for Thanksgiving and Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment