Sunday, November 30, 2014
Pregnant with Twins: 30 Weeks
How far along? Whoa. The last 30 weeks have flown by! And holy schnikes - we're going to have TWO babies in a few weeks.
Baby Crauns' size: They should each be about 17ish inches and 3ish pounds. I must admit that I will sort of miss my big belly. I have such a nice shelf for bowls and my water mug and for pens and sticky notes when I'm working from home.
Total weight gain/loss: I don't know...Last appointment I was only 1 pound off my largest (known) with Dominic so I don't know that I care to know.
Maternity clothes: I got a sweater and a sweater dress last week on sale that I can wear now and I'll totally be able to wear afterward. I was pretty excited that I could find something that was normal to wear! And I bought a pair of Ugg sweatpants on sale from Von Maur and I have worn them pretty much every single day over the last week. If I could wear them to work I would. They are currently in my dirty clothes basket so I can wash them tomorrow and I miss them already.
Stretch marks? I'm so itchy! Brian says he doesn't see any but I think I have some little ones around my belly button.
Sleep: Ugh, my hips hurt. If I spend half the night propped up with pillows so I'm basically sitting up, I can make it through about 7-8 hours in bed. I'm so exhausted but I hurt way too much to sleep longer.
Movement: At my doc appointment on Wednesday they both cooperated when the doctor used the doppler to listen to their heartbeats (no ultrasound this week), and the doctor was super surprised about how far up William is. She said that usually when both are head down their heartbeats can be found in roughly the same area. He just wanted to show off his butt for her by snuggling up extra high into my ribs. Yesterday Chloe decided to scoot up higher and join him in my rib cage, so then William decided to do what I think was a flip. It was the most painful thing I've experienced in a long time! I tried to get a picture of my belly because it was majorly lopsided, freakishly so, but I couldn't concentrate long enough to get one. I think I'm still feeling some residual pains!
Symptoms: This week has been better - mostly because I've been parked on the couch resting. I still have the little annoying prego symptoms like heartburn and minor swelling, but the cramping has gone away completely.
Labor signs? Only one contraction in the last week!
Food cravings: I want a cold leftover turkey sandwich so bad. I guess I should be thankful that I'm super prego during the holidays, because I was only able to have one plateful for Thanksgiving which means built-in portion control. But it does make me a little sad when I think about Christmas. I'll probably only be able to have two sugar cookies instead of like 20.
Miss anything? My brain. I forget everything and now I'm starting to misplace stuff. I forget what I'm saying sometimes in the middle of a sentence, and I'm always like - Ooo, shiny things! It's so annoying.
Belly button in or out? The other day I was trying to find my belly button to measure my stomach, and I freaking had to search for it! It's flat and almost nonexistent looking.
Wedding rings on or off? Not attempting after last week.
Nursery progress: I made a little progress on the lamp shade, so I'm maybe halfway done.
Best moment this week: It was great to spend Thanksgiving with my family, but I missed being able to spend it with Brian's. Dom and I made a delicious cake with the longest name ever - pumpkin chocolate cake with chocolate ganache and caramel buttercream. For breakfast we made turkey cinnamon rolls. The holidays are so much better with a child!
Also, this isn't baby related, but Dom and I were going to the bathroom at the same time earlier today, and he yelled at me to "Push it down, Mom!" So then I had to explain that boys and Daddys have weenies and Moms and girls have...different parts. And then I hurried up and changed the subject because I'm so not ready to talk about that with him yet!
Weekly wisdom: I think hitting 30 weeks and still being able to move around without major complications has made me realize how very blessed I am. I am extremely thankful for my health, for being able to grow not just one but two babies, for their health and the health of my family, for access to medical care and nutritious food, for a roof over my head and a working heater, a job that allows me to challenge myself on a daily basis and help others in the process, and supportive and caring family and friends.
Looking forward to: Taking Dominic to see Santa on Saturday next weekend. He's so much more into the holidays this year so I hope he doesn't freak out like he did last year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment