How far along? 29 weeks!
Baby Crauns' size: They each are the size of an acorn squash.
Total weight gain/loss: I decided to wait until my next doc appointment to see where I'm at. I was going to weigh myself last night but I was super swollen after brunch at the Machine Shed in the morning.
Maternity clothes: I tried to find some longer tops online Saturday during my husband-ordered couch rest, but didn't have much luck. Maybe some of Brian's clothes will fit when I'm even more ginormo???
Stretch marks? My skin is stretched so far that I can't tell if I'm seeing veins, red marks from scratching my itchy skin, or stretch marks. Guess I'll find out in a few weeks.
Sleep: I was running on fumes Thursday so I actually slept that night, but a wandering, worrying mind kept me up the last few nights. Brian must be getting over his cold because his snoring has gotten better!
Movement: A lot! I had to go potty earlier and Chloe sucker punched my bladder - totally almost peed my pants!
Symptoms: I had a couple of really good days over the last half a week, and then that tanked Friday late afternoon. I started having some symptoms of early labor, which meant no sleep plus a whirling mind.
Labor signs? The contractions have gotten fewer, but are still strong when they occur. New labor signs have cropped up in the last few days, cramps plus things I won't name here, which had me really freaked out on Friday night and Saturday. I can regulate them if I sit regularly, or if they get really bad, laying on my left side helps to make the symptoms go away. Today has been better, but I'm thankful I have another doctor's appointment Wednesday so I can check with the doc on these things. My goal is to make it through at least the next 4 weeks. If I can do that, I'll be 33 weeks and they'll be that much further along. Plus, I won't need to take that much unpaid time off - hopefully. I think my freaking this weekend was mostly thinking about the financial ramifications of either hospitalized or unhospitalized bed rest plus the NICU costs if they arrived at 29 weeks!
Food cravings: No room for food! My belly is full of babies!
Miss anything? I miss cuddling Dom in my lap, especially when he is tired and wants to rest his head on my shoulder.
Belly button in or out? Same as last week.
Wedding rings on or off? Tried to wear my diamonds plus another ring yesterday. That lasted like 3 hours. Ouch.
Nursery progress: I haven't made any progress on the lampshade since the last post. Still shooting for the end of the month, but I better get cracking.
Best moment this week: My favorite part was listening to Dominic talk about his fun Saturday and Sunday with my parents. He did the Jolly Holiday lights walk with my mom, stayed the night with my parents, and then went to Waterloo for Laney's bowling birthday party. When I asked him how bowling was, his first comment was, "My wait in line." Lines suck, dude. Then he showed us how he pushed the ball and flung his plate of turkey across the room in the process. Daddy can't wait to take him bowling again, just the two of them. It's also fun to see how Dom enjoys our Christmas tree and the few other decorations
Weekly wisdom: Brian and I played the what if game the other day - what if we had twins the first time around? What if I had gotten knocked up before we were married when I was still in my first job and hating life? We both agreed that we have been through a lot together, and that we are a stronger team because of all those experiences. We're thankful that Chloe and William didn't become a part of our lives until now, when we are better able to handle two newborns!
Looking forward to: Thanksgiving! I'm so bummed that I couldn't go to Laney's birthday party, too, so I'm looking forward to seeing the girls (and I guess my sis and Ryan) for Thanksgiving. (But at the same time I'm bummed that we won't get to have our usual Thanksgiving day with Brian's family.)
![]() |
| Not a fan of waiting so long for his turn |
![]() |
| He plays like me. |
![]() |
| Apparently he kept trying to bowl from way back there. |
![]() |
| Checking out his ornament for the year, an airplane |
![]() |
| I asked him to put it on the tree and this is what he did |
![]() |
| This year's small tree / half-assed Christmas decor |









No comments:
Post a Comment