How far along? 26 weeks. Almost to the 3rd trimester!
Baby Craun's size: He's the size of a head of lettuce, or that head of cabbage that we ate last week...mmmm crunchy cabbage. He weighs between 1.5 and 2.5 pounds.
Total weight gain/loss: About 5 pounds total. Don't know what was up with the scale last week!
Maternity clothes: Leggings and dresses lately. I hate it when I forget to pull out the maternity leggings/tights and realize this after I've struggled into them.
Stretch marks? Nope. On to bottle number two of cocoa butter oil.
Sleep: Better. I think the sleep issues I have now are just work/stress related.
Movement: Lots. It's such a cool feeling!
Symptoms: My feet have been hurting so much after work the last week because I've been rushing from here to there or standing for long periods of time. Cue more frequent calf cramps and back pain. Blah. I'm thankful I bought those comfy wedges a few months ago. And either I have become completely more sensitive or lots of people are in really bitchy moods and are treating people like crap lately. I'm going to go with the latter because 1) it makes me feel better, 2) I haven't been too emotional yet, and 3) other people are experiencing this too. Case in point - Worker lady at JoAnn's Fabric on Sunday when I asked her to get the fabric bolt down that was clearly too heavy and high up for a pregnant woman to get - "You can't reach that?" Um, hello, I have this ginormo belly! Bia.
Labor signs? Negatory. Thank you ladies for making me feel better about not knowing what a contraction feels like!
Food cravings: The lemon addiction is still going strong. I also had a craving for a burger, particularly the one I get at Zombie Burger, so Brian made some for us on Saturday. He's so sweet!
Miss anything? Alcohol - work's been rough lately and I just really want a glass or two of wine to relax. I know it's okay to have a glass here and there but that freaks me out a bit. I've been just smelling Brian's drinks lately. I never ever ever thought I would like the smell of beer and crave the taste of beer. I used to hate it!
Belly button in or out? Pretty shallow. It's getting closer to flatness.
Wedding rings on or off? On. If I get really hot, I have to take it off for a moment.
Nursery progress: We bought the paint last weekend, and Brian is going to paint the first coat this weekend in preparation for the paint party the weekend of the 11th. The Crauns always make reasons for parties! We also got the paint and materials we need to finish the final two pieces of art, all the materials to hang everything up after the paint dries, and all the materials we'll need for my mom to make the window seat cushion. I also finished a yarn-wrapped D to put on one of the shelves. It took a couple of hours total - little bit here, little bit there. Turned out pretty cute!
Best moment this week: My best moment really occurred last Wednesday but it happened after I posted for the week, so here it is: Kathi and Dave (Bri's aunt and uncle) sent us this book: Go the F to Sleep. Brian and I got a kick out if it! If you're bored, google Samuel L. Jackson and the book title.
Weekly wisdom: I NEED to quit buying things for the little dude. Target's Baby Sale is this week and I just want to go buy all the cute sheets and toys and clothes! And when I went to Me and Mommy to Be to use my Daily Deal on maternity clothes, I ended up getting something (no - some thingS) for him instead. I mean, how can you pass up cowboy boots?! Even if they won't fit him for a few years...Reminds me of the ones my brother had when he was little.
Looking forward to: I'm excited for Bri to start painting and get us a step closer to the room being complete! Can you tell I'm obsessed with Don Juan Diego Craun's room being finished?
Have a good week!


No comments:
Post a Comment