How far along? 28 weeks. Only 3 months-ish to go!
Baby Craun's size: He's the size of a rutabaga (I haven't had that in forever!). What to Expect says that he can be up to 16 inches long. Good news - his lungs are fully developed so if he were to be born now, there's a high likelihood that he will survive (but stay in there for a little longer D!).
Total weight gain/loss: Up 7 pounds total
Maternity clothes: Same as last week. However, I made a list of everything I can wear (surprisingly longer than I thought) so every time I'm tempted to go shopping I'll just look at the list. My belly is getting in the way of getting boots on and off. I need it to warm up soon!
Stretch marks? No. I thought I had some by my belly button but Jennifer disagreed with me. Thanks sissy!
Sleep: Aweful. My back and hips are killing me - hips only when trying to sleep. I can't wait to sleep on my back again! Part of my lack of sleep is because I can't turn my brain off...
Movement: It's fun to feel him rolling around inside me! Other people can clearly feel him moving now too.
Symptoms: Exhaustion.
Labor signs? Thinking that I had my first Braxton-Hicks contraction Saturday night (well I guess it was Sunday morning by then). My belly felt really really hard and I felt like it was being squeezed. Scary feeling to have after not getting any sleep...I thought I did something to f up his life!
Food cravings: Jimmy Johns. Especially on those lazy-feeling days when I'm hungry with no desire to cook. Thank you Deb for feeding my lemon craving with delicious lemon bars!
Miss anything? A solid night's sleep. Being able to be on my feet/moving around for the day without my tendonitis ankles bothering me. Shopping for cute things for myself - I got my Anthropologie birthday discount in the mail the other day and I can't fit into anything. At least Bess and Lauren will get use out of the discount.
Belly button in or out? Closer to flatness. Even Mom thinks it's gross when your belly button sticks out. Glad I'm not the only one.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Nursery progress: The walls are painted, shelves are hung, and furniture is in place! Thanks Mom and Jen for painting, Jimbo for taping, and Mitch, Julie, Deb, and Ed for bringing the furniture! We decided to get rid of one shelf so we'll need to fill those screw holes and repaint that area. After that, we'll finish hanging art work and get the mobile hung. We registered for curtains, a crib skirt, and baskets, and then Mom is going to make the window seat cushion. Here are some pictures:
| The canvas will have Brian and Baby D's handprints. |
Weekly wisdom: Being around extremely drunk people when you're completely sober and completely exhausted is horrible. Hoping to avoid that for the rest of my life.
Looking forward to: The shower that my mom and sister are throwing me in DSM! They spent a lot of time working on it this weekend and won't tell me a darn thing, so I'm excited to see what they put together. One more month!
No comments:
Post a Comment