Thursday, February 9, 2012

27 Weeks

And that's Bess on the phone with me!

How far along?  27 weeks. The final week of the 2nd trimester - how time flies!
Baby Craun's size:  He's the size of cauliflower. He's about 15 inches long and weights about 2 pounds now. And apparently my uterus is the size of a basketball.
Total weight gain/loss:  At 5.5 pounds total gain this morning.
Maternity clothes:  Leggings/tights and dresses. I'm getting so bored with my clothes and really really want to go shopping (or even just shop my closet), especially after I devoured the March issues of all my favorite magazines. There's so much color and girly stuff this season that is so me, and most of it I can't wear. I've been trying to reinvent things in my closet but running out of ideas. And my shoes - oh, how I miss all the pretty ones!
Stretch marks?  Negatory
Sleep:  Mostly good
Movement:  Lots! Brian was watching one of his mob/ganster movies and there were lots of loud noises. When they got really loud, D would start moving again almost like he was startled. Pretty cool!
Symptoms:  Back and hips hurting sometimes. The heartburn is back with a vengence and yesterday I felt pretty dizzy in the morning - went away with laying down and drinking water thankfully, but really freaked me out. And this isn't really a symptom, but I'm feeling a little guilty for not helping Bri out with painting this last weekend. Painting sucks, so I really feel for him.
Labor signs?  Nope
Food cravings:  Lemon still. Even the smell of lemons. My new favorite Girl Scout cookies are those Lemonade ones. They have officially surpassed the peanut butter and chocolate ones. Yum!
Miss anything?  Jimmy Johns. I'm dreaming of a Beach Club. And sleeping a whole night through without peeing a bajillion times or hip pain.
Belly button in or out?  Welp, the top part of my belly button that is usually way in is now almost flat. Brian says my belly button looks like a "normal" person's belly button now. Whatever, I liked mine before.
Wedding rings on or off?  On.
Nursery progress:  The white base coat is done! This weekend is the paint party, and we should be able to finish the walls and get everything hung up. We're definitely painting the crib white this weekend, but I still need to decide if we're going to paint the changing table. I'm contemplating yellow or blue...white would be too much white, and I think the natural wood color might be too blah for everything else so we'll see what it looks like with everything together on Saturday and make a game time decision.
Best moment this week:  Brian has done so much for me and around the house during the pregnancy (all I have to do is ask I realized!), and he rarely complains about it all. This weekend he did so much between painting and cleaning and going grocery shopping with me. I know he hates all these things, and he never complained once. I'm a lucky girl to have someone so wonderful in my life.
Weekly wisdom:  We're going to have a baby! Okay, I know it's not really a new "wisdom", but it's still so unbelievable. We're so excited!
Looking forward to:  This weekend. I might have to try some O'Douls so I can pretend I'm partying too. :) I can't wait to see how everything looks when it's all together, and hopefully I'll have pics to share next week.

Here are the "during" pictures:
Hoping that my dad can fix the screen door and that it can stay - I've actually grown attached to it!
The reason why the door needs fixed. Trouble maker.

Crib wall. This wall also has a shelf that will go back up.

Can't wait to have the window seat finished too! All the shelves will be put back up when painting is done.

Most excited for this wall. We'll hang most of the art here.



No comments:

Post a Comment